In this issue
Q309 - Untold Tales Of 20 Chaotic Classic!
The 10 big questions answered by our latest issue
Subscribe to Q now
This month we look at the stories you don't know about 20 classic albums, here's just a flavour of the chaos Q uncovered...
1. How did copious amounts of wine transform a Radiohead demo called Killer Cars into Planet Telex?
Join us in the studio for an eyewitness account of the making of The Bends
2. Just how did pretending to be a monkey transform Adele’s 21?
The unlikely inspiration behind the biggest record in the world right now...
3. What did off duty soldiers do to help supplement The Happy Monday’s income during the making of Bummed?
Happy Mondays meet Happy Squaddies...
4. What happens if you mix a hippie jock with a nerd hipster?
Meet The Black Keys, the rock-legends-in-the-making reveal all about the creation of El Camino (and star on our exclusive, subscribers only cover)
Get more album stories, including the likes of The Strokes, Blur, Amy Winehouse, Massive Attack, Pulp, The Libertines, ODB, Jane's Addiction, Eminem, Shack, Paul Simon and The Prodigy in Q309 now
Plus all your favourite regulars, news, reviews and more...
5. Is Bruce Springsteen’s “experimental” new album, The Boss Versus The Man, any good?
Plus Michael Kiwanuka, Dry The River, Elbow and more rated
6. Why did Graham Coxon try to get his money back on The Clash’s debut album as a teenager?
Having just reformed Blur and gearing up to release solo album A&E, the guitarist takes us on a tour of his record collection
7. What did Bernard Sumner and Stephen Morris really think of Disney’s Joy Division T-Shirt?
New Order answer your Cash For Questions
8. How did Bobby Womack end-up in a studio with Lana Del Rey and Damon Albarn?
Plus the plenty more exclusive news including Whitney Houston, Zane Lowe, Best Coast in the studio, Wretch 32, New To Q and more...
9. How is Noel Gallagher’s solo career going Down Under?
The Chief takes his High Flying Birds to Oz... Plus Bjork, Miles Kane and Q Now: The Sessions reviewed live
10. Why do Keane hope their new album will “sneak up on people”?
Q joins the trio hard at work in the studio
Subscribe to Q now