In this issue
Q311 – June 2012 starring Plan B, Rumer, The Cult, the world’s best band merch, Richard Hawley, Saint Etienne, Jack White & much more...
The 10 big questions answered by our latest issue
Subscribe to Q now
1. Riots, rap, David Cameron, The Sweeney… the ‘enlightenment’ – what is Plan B’s message for Britain?
Ben Drew speaks about society, his new album and film Ill Manors, acting and more in our cover story
2. Could 2012 be the year of the great festival wipeout?
We investigate why this summer’s outdoor events are struggling with ticket sales
3. What’s Jack White’s live show like without Meg?
We review the former White Stripes man and Pulp live, plus rate albums from Damon Albarn, Sigur Ros, Beach House & more
4. Why is Richard Hawley a style icon for Arctic Monkeys?
The Steel City crooners talks about his new album
5. How has jail time turned Sharon Van Etten into a blog buzz?
The singer speaks in New To Q, plus there’s all the regular stuff up front including Coming Up, Call Me and a non interview with Rick Ross…
6. What does Neil Young think of St Etienne’s version of Only Love Can Break Your Heart?
The trio come clean in a Cash For Questions grilling
7. How do you write a massive global pop hit?
Q goes behind the scenes with the world’s most sought-after professional songwriters
8. How do you turn The Stone Roses’ Spike Island show into a movie?
We’re on set of the film that’s recreating the gig of a generation
9. What is the greatest item of band merchandise ever?
Fridge magnets, oven mitts, inflatable lemons, credit cars, coffins… we round up the 50 greatest items bands have tried to flog you
10. Can The Cult come back from the brink (again)?
We join Ian Astbury, Billy Duffy and co in Los Angeles as they reunite for a new album
Plus there’s a whole lot more we just can’t fit into these questions, and if you want to find out what that is go out and buy Q311 now.
Subscribe to Q now