In this issue
Q312 – July 2012
Stone Roses: The Untold Story
Plus Tom Petty, The Killers, Happy Mondays, Simon Pegg, Ricky Gervais, Dexy’s, Beastie Boy’s Adam Yauch remembered & much more
The 10 BIG questions answered in the latest issue of Q
Subscribe to Q now
1. How did a chance meeting with soul legend Geno Washington (the man Dexy’s Geno is about) lead to the formation of The Stone Roses?
Plus more unique insights into the band’s rise, fall and reformation by the people who know them best – their friends, associates and The Stone Roses themselves – in a new piece by Simon Spence, author of Roses biography War And Peace (out 7 June). Plus we preview the band’s Heaton Park return
2. Which international superstar spent his time at Brixton Academy watching football with the staff & which one told them not to look at him?
We go backstage to discover the secrets of Britain’s best venues (clue: Prince and Marilyn Manson, can you work out which was which?)
3. “I wanted to be a fucking pop singer, I wanted to be like The Beatles and The Stones and play music, have a good time, wear nice clothes and meet women… what went wrong?”
We go soul searching with Kevin Rowlands as Dexy’s return
4. Why is Simon Pegg in favour of No Wanking In The Office?
The Spaced, Star Trek and Shaun Of The Dead man submits to your Cash For Questions
5. What’s in a name?
Q celebrates the best and worst things groups of musicians have chosen to call themselves… plus all the usual news, previews and more upfront
6. How did a house fire help Tom Petty conquer his temper?
We also find out why Mick Jagger thinks he's ripped him off
7. Why have singers gone from “Café Racer Frontmen” to “Art-Mad Frontdivas”?
We chart the ‘evolution’ of the front(wo)man
8. What do Usher and Pablo Picasso have in common?
The man himself volunteers a comparison...
9. Why is Ricky Gervais unleashing his inner ‘Springsteen’ (and isn’t afraid to “lose a bit of dignity” in the process)?
Q spends time with the comedian in his, er, office…
10. Should you give Scissor Sisters new album Magic Hour the time of day?
Album and live reviews including Happy Mondays, Bobby Womack, Rumer, Hot Chip, the Small Faces, Laibach and more
Plus a whole lot more, like why The Killers are hoping “lightning strikes again” as they record their new album. If you want to find out about all that stuff, add Q312 to your shopping list…
Subscribe to Q now