In this issue
Q316 November 2012
Plus Mumford & Sons, Madness, Frank Turner, Green Day, Ellie Goulding, Lady Gaga & much more
The 10 big questions answered by the new issue of Q
1. Where did it all go right for Noel Gallagher?
Oasis? Forget about it, it’s all hail to “The Chief” and the solo career that just keeps getting bigger
2. What happens when the Haus Of Gaga hits town?
We pay her ladyship a visit as she launches her new Born This Way Ball in Helsinki – plus all the news and regulars upfront in Q Now
3. Which one of Green Day milked a dog when they ran of coffee creamer?
The punk brats get a grilling from you in this month’s Cash For Questions
4. Has money, success, fame and Hollywood brides changed Mumford & Sons?
We meet the arena rock band who just want to play their banjos…
5. How did Suggs and co become national treasures?
We catch up with the nutty boys as they prepare to release a new album
6. What did you expect of The Vaccines’ live show?
Well we review them in Zurich to see if they have the rock chops to justify all the denim they’re wearing. Plus albums from Killers, No Doubt, Mika, Beth Orton, Bat For Lashes, Deadmau5, Velvet Underground & more reviewed
7. What turned Ellie Goulding from the lightweight princess of electro pop into a leather-lunged siren?
Who mentioned Skrillex…
8. Is Adam Ant alright?
Q pops round Prince Charming’s house as he gears up for his pop return
9. Can an Old Etonian rock?
We track the remarkable journey of Frank Turner from that school, through hardcore bands, the Olympics’ opening ceremony and some recent political scuffles…
10. What happens when musicians try on a different genre for size?
We got an indie band to do electro, a folkie to do hip-hop, dance rockers tackled Motown and got a drum'n'bass group to have a go at rock in our Genre Swap
Plus there's more like lunch with Katy B, The Human League, Jake Bugg, Tame Impala, Sex Pistols, David Byrne on a bike... So unless you can read our minds buy a copy now
Download Q316 featuring Noel Gallagher for the iPad now
Subscribe to Q Magazine